So I've graduated from the Drama School costume course. I feel like I only went through orientation week a few weeks ago but I started in March and finished last week and the year has flown by.
So now of course I am looking for work and I have my first little costume job. I am making some little capes for pre-schoolers.
So now I have to make decisions like - do I gather the cloak at the neck or make a half circle cloak and what fabrics can the client afford while still paying me actual money to make them?
Whew, so many decisions...
And then I am designing some quilts for exhibitions and writing my Websearch article for New Zealand Quilter for the next edition.
One of my quilts is on the cover of the last edition. I can't find a picture of the magazine online so here is a picture of the whole quilt. On the magazine cover they have the quilt on the table as a table cloth.
I have also spent the last 3 days tidying up my sewing room. There is a big wide bench in there which I haven't seen in a couple of years. I usually end up working on about a 30 cm square area because I can't find any more space. The photo makes it look quite cluttered but there is enough space to actually make something now.