Monday, April 22, 2013

Makertorium Saturday 27th April

On Saturday one of my dripping wallhangings will be dyed at Te Papa as part of Makertorium.

I'm really excited about this as I get to show my work with a whole load of people who tinker away in workshops and studios and hopefully it gets seen by a  lot more people than tucked away in a gallery.

I'm also really excited about seeing all the other exhibits which include demonstrations of 3d printers, lazer cutters, robot toothbrushes and all sorts of weird and fun things.

My work is listed a 'Spectacle' and I will get a particular timeslot to start the dye off. There will also be a dvd running with a sped up version of the vertical dyeing performance (I never know what I should call it).

The new wallhanging will look a bit like this when it is dyed, but I have simplified it a bit because it will only be up for one day.




I have quite a quiet year this year as I didn't take many teaching bookings because I thought I was going to be a full-time student. If you are part of a club which would like a dye or print class, machine quilting or one of my other classes please contact me at smith_c*actrix.co.nz
I have spaces for most of June and November as well as dates in July and October available.

I'm going to list my classes on the right side of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment