Saturday, February 20, 2010

Long time no blog



I didn't realise it had been so long since I wrote anything here. I have been working on several commissions, a set of quilts to go to Germany for an exhibition which Dijanne Cevaal is curating called 'Southern Lands' and I have had bits and pieces of casual work. I just forgot about the blog. However, for the month of March I will be 'Artist in Residence' at Whitireia Polytechnic helping the textile department get their new Textile Mastercraft course off the ground. I get a room to work in, the use of the studios when they are not being used for teaching and a chance to take time for some experimentation with techniques that I have always wanted to try but have never made time for.

So I am currently trying to finish all the outstanding exhibition and commission pieces. Here is the very nearly completed grasses piece which is going to the U.S as soon as photography is completed. The first picture is a detail shot, I forgot that I needed to put the photos in first then do the writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment